What exactly did you mean? Resource content corresponding to the intent
The quality of a search query that characterizes a person’s intent is called user intent. Get the most relevant results allows the consideration of this variable. The quality of the issue depends on its understanding. Whether the site will be in the TOP by keywords is determined by the degree of correlation between content and intent.
To maximize the output to meet the needs of the user, the search engines regularly improve the algorithms of actions. At the present time, when conducting personalization, the presence of a person at a particular moment, the language, the devices from which he goes to the Internet, habits and fleeting interests are taken into account. The achievement of search engines was the ability to respond to the meaning. Thus, even those documents are issued in which the specified keys are missing.
Indeed, it seems that creating a resource that takes into account the short-term needs of a mixed audience is impossible. All companies, without exception, offer a limited list of services and products that can solve a specific human problem. Based on this, the main goal of SEO is to analyze and segment all user needs. This is the only way to present content hosted on the resource.
How to understand what the user needs
Search systems have the most complete and current information about the key intensity. Every day they have to monitor a huge number of requests (the number goes to millions). Consequently, they have access to a wide field of information about the behavior of people visiting sites. It is possible to draw conclusions about the intentions of visitors based on the results of search engines.
The formulation of requests is not always accurate. Medium and high-frequency search phrases usually have a large number of intent variations. In turn, requests with a low frequency can more accurately characterize a person’s goal. To draw up a list of intents you will need to perform certain actions.
- Analysis of the issuance of search engines. The classification should be based on the type of content placed on the page and included in the request to TOP 10. These include the product card, the article that provides information, a catalog, recommendations and tips, reviews. The next step is to define functional solutions, for example, a calculator, a selection of color solutions, filters, and so on. As a result, you get an intent map reflecting user needs.
- Analyzing search engine tips. This phenomenon complements the list of certain interests with popular (trend) topics.
- Conducting demand analysis in Wordstat (Yandex). The service allows you to expand the boundaries of the request, to take into account the huge number of situations characteristic of it. Here you need to figure out exactly which keywords are accompanied by a request. After that, those user tasks are determined that you can solve. These include phrases with navigation content and commercial. Also, the tasks are determined, and you have the opportunity to help in solving them (a replica of informational value).
Ensuring the correctness of the results obtained will allow disabling your favorite resources and keeping a search history in the time of analyzing the results and prompts. The indication of the region is also obligatory. The fact is that the content of the intensity depends on the location of a person even if the phrases are the same.
As an example, use the key “Metro”. For two cities, Tver and Moscow, Yandex gives absolutely different results:
This phenomenon is associated mostly with the intent. Only a small role is played by the region. If for the population of Tver the request is associated with the brand METRO Cash and Carry, then for the inhabitants of the capital with the metro.
Analyzing the intensity of the keys in the core, without exception, implies significant spending. Manually it makes sense to do it exclusively for the priority replicas used in the search. For the most part, surface analysis will be enough, determining the direction.
For mass analysis there is a sense of using a special service. In this case, the results will not be as accurate as the automatic process is simpler and more standard. But, in order to promptly correct the semantic core, this option is quite suitable.
Why do we need an intent analysis?
At first glance, it seems that the standard optimization procedure for keywords and work with intent are practically the same. But in modern conditions, context is of great importance. This is an environment in which a person requests information.
Not so long ago, about five years ago, several texts with the same queries were placed on the same resource by the optimizers. This allowed to orient in the effectiveness of articles and thus increase the possibility of getting into the TOP. Based on the relevance of the phrases, queries related to one category could be used separately. Naturally, these pages did not differ in special value in relation to the user. As a result, a decrease in their issuance by search engines.
The study of the intent allows you to determine what type of content it makes sense to provide a person so that he can instantly get what he wants. Provided that the request includes more than one priority intent, it is possible to choose between two options:
- create one page with blocks corresponding to different intents;
- create multiple landing pages that solve specific user tasks.
Based on this, we see that the priority in SEO is changing. Attention switches from keys to optimizing the goals of search queries. This applies to both text and other content, including services on the resource.
Where are the results obtained?
Getting information about the needs of visitors and adjusting the structure of content is a cyclical process. Especially important data on the intensity of search queries are considered, if necessary, to solve the tasks described below.
- Formation of the core semantics, its clustering. In this case, all requests that are not suitable for a particular resource are excluded. It is also necessary to check whether there is no mixing within a certain cluster of requests with different intent.
- Development / optimization of the resource structure. The results allow you to accurately identify the page. As a result, the number of satisfied users increases, and hence the conversion increases.
- Optimization of behavioral factors. This process is associated with user scenarios, where each individual intent is the goal of contacting a resource.
- Creating functionality. Previously conducted analytical activities help to determine which services are needed on the resource so that users are satisfied.
- On-page SEO. The traditional optimization process through the pages should be directed to the resolution of user problems, and not to the norms of the number of keys entered. That is, in the text materials should be used those phrases that correspond to the topic. The ratio of the main queries and relevance phrases (example):
|calculate consumer credit||calculator, credit, online, calculation, payment|
|interest deposits||bank, profitable, deposit, high, rate|
|makeup price||service, makeup artist, wedding, salon, professional|
|facial corrector||use, correct, skin, remedy, concealer|
|puzzle of a photo||order, photo, photography, making, printing|
|photo on the mug||print, photo, order, inscription, gift|
For the most part, resource owners prefer unprecedented phrases during SEO purchases. Brand queries are not always a guarantee that everything will be just fine. Even in the case when the site is vital, when conducting procedures with priority requests, the relevance of adjusting the page distribution according to intent remains, as well as an increase in relevance.
Mismatch intentu: how to get to the TOP
Portal delivery, where the filling of the TOP 10, on the basis of high-frequency keys, is carried out by the aggregators, is a very common “headache” for a commercial resource. Especially often this is faced with resources from banking, automotive, hotel themes, real estate. There is a compliance of portals with the intent of the entered requests, which is associated with the desire of people to quickly select the most profitable options.
How, in this case, to promote a commercial resource? One way out is to optimize based on requests from the so-called “long tail”. This makes it possible from search engines to get more conversions. If you need to get to the top 10, try to do so:
- make the brand competitive (healthy rivalry with portals);
- take care of high-quality, full-fledged content that can solve any problem of the user;
- provide potential customers with a unique service, for example, provide functionality or conditions different from popular portals.