We use Yandex.Maps and Yandex.Reference for reputation management and traffic generation or how to save on contextual advertising?
Last summer, Yandex drastically changed the usual ranking results in the issue. With the help of new algorithms for companies, ratings, reviews in the Directory and Yandex.Maps and scores left by users began to be displayed. These innovations affected primarily the business services: restaurants, hotels, entertainment complexes and tourism. But, in principle, they affect the issue in the business search engine on any subject.
For the sphere of SEO site optimization, this means only one thing – a new promotion tool, which is quite effective, but does not require high financial costs. Methodical and correct work with reputation through these changes helps to increase traffic, improve conversion rates, and even save a little on contextual advertising.
For whom is this relevant?
Reputation management should not neglect such business areas as:
- medical services;
- photographers and studios;
- catering establishments
- simulators, SPA;
- travel agencies;
- hotels of all types;
- recreation centers;
- developmental and educational centers;
- entertainment centers;
- salons, beauty studios, etc.
But the rest of the companies will not hurt to pay attention to working with Maps and Yandex Directory – the rating uniquely increases the users’ confidence in the brand, gives a higher ranking and conversion.
How does this tool affect the advancement algorithm?
Now organic delivery contains useful information for users. Upon request, the user sees either only the rating and points, or additionally an organization card, depending on which device and for which purpose the search was made. A company card with information about it and good photos adds points to its reputation, as it increases trust due to thoroughness.
In addition, a block of information from the Directory and Yandex.Map with a simple search is always located above the rest of contextual advertising. If the query is branded – the information will be located on the same level as the rest of the issue, but will attract more attention by displaying the product card with the rating and photos of the company. If you correctly arrange the card and work with positive reviews, traffic will grow even without the purchase of additional contextual advertising.
When to start improving reputation?
It makes no difference which moment to choose. For the new site – it is a tool for approval in the market and the fight against strong competitors who are already working in this sector. For those sites that have been working for a long time – this is a second wind and the ability to stimulate new traffic and protect their positions.
How to start and how to save successful results.
Experienced optimizers offer the following reputation management algorithm using these tools from Yandex.
- First, you should check the presence of the company in the services. Other users may have added your organization. If this is the case, you must first claim your rights. This is necessary in order to then manage the company’s card: add photos, update data, monitor reviews and provide feedback on behalf of the organization. If you are not in the services, you need to add there yourself. Get a card in the Yandex. Reference Book and after checking and confirming it, the organization will appear on the Maps.
- Secondly, you should check all the data. This check needs to be carried out periodically, as the data (phone numbers, address, photo) can be changed by unauthorized persons, which is often used by attackers. Also, these data may disappear due to technical failures, or your employees entering information could make a mistake, so double checking is not superfluous.
- Thirdly, it is necessary to analyze the quantity and quality of reviews. It is necessary to estimate their number and percentage of positive and negative messages. You should immediately get rid of suspicious and unrealistic reviews. While you are just exploring the service, unscrupulous competitors could already find you on Yandex and write fake negative reviews. If there are few original reviews, you can think about stimulating them by working with customers, giving them discounts and additional bonuses. It is also very useful to give feedback on all negative reviews – this is how you take care when you master clients and show your desire to correct mistakes.
Summing up, we can say that working with tools of reputation is an ongoing process. It is necessary to work with accuracy of data and reviews about the company all the time. If you pay attention to this, over time you will notice feedback from your customers and rating growth, as well as ranking in queries.