SEO-strategy is website promotion with a well-chosen action plan to achieve specific goals. The better it is thought out, the faster you will get the first results. To do this, be aware of the tasks and monitor the timing of their implementation.
In this article we will cover the main issues:
- What it is, basic values
- When and who needs it
- The basis of SEO strategy
- Creating a strategy
- Request frequency
- Results, pros and cons
What it is, basic values
- Each company has its own goals, so different positions can be indicated, traffic from the search and attraction of the target audience (targeted traffic). If a company:
- Looks only at the percentage of conversions – they know their target audience, and who buys their products or services.
- Requests search traffic every month – do not know their target audience, and what type of users will be converted into customers.
- It requires high positions in search queries – they want the website to always be in TOP.
- Methods of attracting the target audience. Read more about this below =)
- Time frame. They are needed in order to understand whether you have time to schedule or not. If something goes wrong according to the plan, then you will have time to correct it in order to get the desired result.
- Financial investments. You need to understand how much this promotion will cost you – this is just as important as the time frame.
When you need an SEO strategy:
- Entering the global market – if a company wants to develop further and more, then they should focus on just such a market, since after that the turnover and, accordingly, the income of the company will immediately increase. It will also be excellent to establish yourself as good specialists, if these are services, or as a good brand, and so on. This is difficult to do, but everything is possible!
- A competitive niche is the case when products or services are very popular among people and there are many other companies providing it. If you are in such a situation now, then you need to think 100% about it for your company.
- A large site – mainly, it refers to large online stores, which have a million different products or maybe just a lot of brands, if it is clothes, for example. It will be necessary in order to sell the entire product, and not just a unit from the entire list.
When not needed:
- A small website – if you have a small company with a small number of people, small turnover, the list of goods / services is not so diverse, and you already know your target audience, then you can refrain, in principle.
- There are few resources (money, people) – money is needed for everything, without them, well, that’s just no way. Every business requires investments, if you don’t have an opportunity now, it’s better to wait and do it later, but effectively.
- Bias to external links – if the resource receives traffic from other sources, and you immediately focus on attracting Central Asia, then you can wait for now.
To start the promotion, you need to solve a few questions:
- Possible ways to get results from the investment to the maximum;
- Profitable promotional offers;
- Key queries;
- Attracting the target audience;
- TOP positions (for example, TOP-5 or TOP-10 for search queries).
Do not forget to analyze each question on the effectiveness of it for you, and only then wait for the results of the work and the justified investment in the promotion of the resource!
What could be the main goal?
For example, you want a website to reach the top 10 for search engine queries in six months. You also want to increase orders three times during the year, or just want to increase traffic by ten thousand clicks per year.
The main task for the start is a properly formulated goal, to look at things realistically and adequately assess the possibilities! It is also important not to forget about the state of the promoted resource in relation to the search engines.
Do not waste time and money for nothing, if you have not set yourself an achievable goal!
Promotions can be:
- Focused on the target audience, which already knows what they want to buy. This happens in such a way that the user immediately implements the requests that lead to the desired through the internal pages. It will be very effective if your products / services have a competitive price and very favorable terms of purchase. Thus, if a client likes everything, then the chances that he will make a purchase from you are doubled or even tripled. This is called promotion according to categories.
- This method is more suitable for already well-known brands or brands that have been on the market for years and people know and trust them. The whole point is to get ahead of your competitor, make a lot of effort, money and time, and reach the TOP-10. This is called promotion according to universal requests.
- This method is based on those users who specify the most targeted and unique queries. Thus, the user already knows what he wants to purchase, but he is looking for the most favorable purchase conditions and the lowest price on the market, respectively. This option is suitable mainly for those who have really competitive prices and conditions. This is called promotion according to low-frequency queries.
- A strategy that does not focus on the target audience, but is suitable for various. The whole point is to interest anyone in their services / products. Thus from the casual user the potential client can turn out. But there are also disadvantages, this method does not guarantee that you will get 100% of the result, that is, not all users can become your customers. This is called promotion according to a mixed strategy.
The main thing is that the strategy should be without prohibited methods, as this may affect the reduction of positions. Find a good specialist from the very beginning, then do not overpay!
Also, the types of strategies can be divided by the types of sites:
- For market leaders
- The growth of the reference mass (no need to build it up, it goes out naturally);
- Work inside (everything is important! And design, and re-linking, and content, everything! Make a lot of effort, time and money to make the brand one of the TOP);
- You need unique content that your competitors do not have (take unique photos, videos, infographics, add your own flavor to this, and you will just blow up the audience and you will not be left without results!);
- Sites where there is a mention of you, that is, an active link (the best option would be to find partners and make mutual advertisements. But if you don’t have this opportunity or just do not do something, then agree on a certain payment).
- Only professionals are needed for this (newbies will not be able to help you, here you need people who can give you advice and tell you the best way for you to remain in a winning situation anyway);
- A lot of resources (both investments and time, assistants will also be useful to you, it will be difficult for yourself).
- For reputable sites
- Work with pages (constant work with your resource! And it needs to be done indefinitely! Time does not stand still, and competitors also do not sleep at night, but they think how to beat you. Do add pages, change or delete those that are no longer needed or topical);
- New high-quality content (constantly add something new, whether it is a new product / service or an article to your blog. And by the way, if you do not have a blog, then it’s time to start it already!);
- You need high-quality external links (you’ll have to search for link acquisitions. But if you have a professional link builder at your fingertips, then it’s generally uper! Links will be unique and bring more results than buying a reference mass);
If you still do not know about the pros and cons of linbuilding, then read our article about it, where we tell everything in detail=)
- A long process of promotion (it takes time, get ready to wait);
- There is a lot of time for content (since it is desirable to frequently update content, you will also have to sweat well and spend a lot of time on this);
- Looking for finance to acquire quality links.
- For fast-growing projects
- Finding a winning strategy by competitors (ideally, you would immediately identify all possible competitors and do an analysis on them. Read more below about this);
- Creating service pages or a blog (today blog creation is a winning topic 100%, try it yourself, the results will not keep you waiting long);
- The emphasis is not on content, but on increasing the number of entry points;
- Building up the reference mass (yes, here again a link builder may be useful, about which there is information above).
- Low conversion rate (alas);
- Quality suffers.
- For online stores
- Important semantics, meta and SEO texts;
- Linking is important;
- Reviews are important (in principle, everything is important);
- Building external links after optimization (and again, the solution can be an builder).
- There may be problems (pages with code 404, duplicates – you need to monitor such pages and delete them immediately)
- We need finances for the acquisition of quality links.
The basis of SEO strategy
Competitor analysis needed:
- Semantic core – to understand the types of queries, their frequency, competition;
- The magnitude and age of sites – to understand the quality of resources;
- Promotion strategies – to understand how competitors advance, and to uniqueize their own;
- Reference mass – understand the quality and quantity.
This information will help you with:
- The size of the site to get to the top.
- Type of pages;
- Sample budget;
- Traffic for each month;
- Time frame.
Conditions that influence the creation of a personal strategy:
- Type – there are several basic ones, such as:
- Business card (for example, brief information about the company providing services, prices, contacts, etc.);
- Corporate (this type differs from the business card in that it has more extensive information that will help the client to get acquainted with the full list of goods or services, learn more about you and ask questions of interest);
- Catalog (contains information with photos / videos, characteristics and a more accurate description of the product);
- Promos (due to their dynamism they remind commercials of different trademarks. There may be various polls, raffles of gifts, etc.);
- Shop (very similar with catalogs; it is possible to register, place an order on your own or order a manager call);
- Informational (contains a lot of various information).
For each of them will have its own plan of promotion!
- Age – is considered from the date of the first indexation by search engines.
- Subject – a specific focus, which combines all publications under one theme; it can be both narrow and general.
- Structure – similar to a specific scheme. For example, a customer wants to buy a laptop. The search for a suitable product should be as simple as possible so that the user can quickly find it.
- Content is all that is posted: photos, videos, audio, articles, news and more.
- Geography is one of the factors that shows the region.
The popularity of a particular query or phrase in a search engine determines its frequency.
- High-frequency (over 3 thousand; consists of one or two words)
- Mid-frequency (from 1 thousand to 3; consists of two or three words)
- Low-frequency (up to 1 thousand per month; consists of three to six words)
Also, the frequency is divided into:
- Basic or general is not the most accurate indicator, since it is without any specifics, for example, “refrigerator price”, “microwave cost” and so on.
- Accurate – used with quotes for Christmas trees. So you can look at the statistics of keywords and search queries. Let’s take, for example, the query “ceramic tile”. You will be able to see real statistics, even if the required query is in a different form of declination – “ceramic tile”, “ceramic tile”, and so on.
- Updated – only relevant information. This is the most recommended option! For example, “how to make a bouquet with your own hands” and so on.
Let’s bring them together!
Advantages of SEO strategy:
- Raising the level of the company among competitors;
- TOP positions
- Increase customer confidence;
- Entering the global market;
- Attracting the target audience;
- More potential customers;
- More turnover / sales;
- More income;
- It may take a lot of time;
- Costs money.
If after reading the article you still have some questions or you may have doubts – write to us! We will be happy to answer and help you in any question of interest!