Semantic core for Yandex.Direct
How is the search on the Internet?
n order to correctly and efficiently assemble the semantic core for Yandex.Direct, you need to temporarily take the place of people who actively use search engines and understand how they do it. You also need to know the principle of their work. Users type in a request, see ads in the first lines and switch to the landing page.
People are all different, so they put words in the request in different order, that is, the wording of the two users can differ significantly, although the meaning is not. Therefore, it is so important to know your target audience. When you or your specialists start planning an advertising campaign, you need to clearly understand how users can behave in a particular situation.
Search queries can be divided into the following types:
- Information (how to sew a dress, a dress with your own hands).
- Commercial (buy a dress, buy a dress cheap Moscow).
- By navigation (addresses for the sale of dresses, phone number of dresses, etc.).
All these types are at different levels of the sales funnel, so you need to understand and understand what type the search query relates to. If you structure your NW by request, it will be easier to properly set up an advertising campaign and determine the appropriate price for one click.
Why is semantics so important?
The semantic core is a group of search queries that describes the category of activity of an online platform.
Keywords are words that determine the display of ads in contextual advertising. The audience coverage in the Yandex.Direct campaign directly depends on their number.
It turns out that the semantic core is the core for organizing advertising, because through this list, ads will be shown.
Can Yandex see all the KW?
The Russian language is rightfully considered one of the most difficult. What are homonyms worth. Here the native Russian will not always understand what was meant, and what to say about artificial intelligence. And this is if you do not take into account a bunch of endings that “dance” like that, plural numbers and so on.
Just think, what a tremendous semantic core would need to be assembled even for the smallest “site”, given all the charms of the great and powerful Russian language.
Now imagine that you have 100,000 of these words, and you need to choose combinations with different order, endings or send them to the past, future, present. There is no need to be clairvoyant in order to understand that the entire process of collecting SC will take more than one month, but in the worst case a year!
Yandex is smart, so I solved this problem as follows:
Yandex will not respond to:
- case changes;
- ovals of the face;
- just ignores where the dash and where the hyphen;
- the sacrament and participle;
- small particles of speech;
- different degrees of adjectives;
- does not distinguish gender;
- pays no attention to the word order in the sentence.
But understands and accepts:
- parts of speech in any of their interpretations and modifications.
The collection of the semantic core can take place in 2 stages:
- Work with basic CS.
- Work with nested keywords.
Very important! Before you begin, you need to learn how to understand basic and nested queries. The base word is a concise key of two or one words by which a user can enter your page.
A nested keyword is a query of more than three words, but it includes basic ones. In a narrow circle they say that these are basic words with a “weight”.
Let you have an online bookstore.
The base for you will be:
- buy books;
- books delivery;
- books price and others.
If you add more words here, you get nested ones. For example, “buy books Moscow.” Everything is extremely simple and clear in this matter.
Why do you need to divide into these species, and why can it matter so much?
- Basic keywords will help increase audience reach, as opposed to nested ones.
- Try to collect as many basic ones as possible, this will guarantee you a lot of coverage and that many people will see the advertisement.
- Nested COPs will not increase coverage, but will help lower the cost per click and attract one user. The more accurately the ad meets the request, the higher the relevance and lower cost of the click.
How to assemble base KW?
Having understood the types of queries, we can proceed to collect them.
We will analyze everything with a real example. We will take the same dresses as the basis. Who is your customer? Of course, these are women of different ages, with different preferences. They have different incomes, but they all want to be beautiful in a new dress as one. They go on dates and business meetings, or maybe on the nose the long-awaited meeting of graduates and will need to be compelling.
In one region, there are approximately three hundred thousand potential customers. For what queries can they look for an outfit?
- to buy a dress;
- order a dress;
- clothes delivery;
- dresses in Moscow;
- elegant dresses and stuff.
Suppose your semantic core includes only two queries:
- order a dress;
- buy clothes.
In this case, a limited number of users will be able to find your online store, while the rest, when entering other questions, will fall on competitive platforms, and you will be left without sales.
Moreover, sometimes the competition for some queries may be higher than for others, and it may happen that your keywords will be higher and you simply won’t be visible because of the “overheating” and high cost of the click for which you not ready or cannot pay.
Consider the main tasks in collecting semantics
The first task when collecting basic keys:
- To reach the target audience by the maximum number, you need to include the largest possible number of relevant words.
The second task:
- Getting more traffic at a certain cost per click.
When you start collecting basic keys do not forget about the existence of:
- foreign words;
- semantic similarities;
- competitive requests;
- slang belonging to certain professions.
And now we will tell you about the simplest but most effective way to collect basic queries – the transported matrix.
To get started, create a simple table in an excel file with 5 columns:
- Words that describe goods or services, and synonyms must be included.
- Characteristics of the products offered.
- Technical attributes.
- Geolocation – cities, areas, countries can. If you work for several, for example, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan.
- Information or marketing supplements.
At the very beginning of creating a table, a lot depends on your quick wits and brain activity. Simply put, you need to write everything that comes to mind on the topic. Then you rewrite all the technical characteristics of the goods, a list of cities and countries in which you can work and in the end – selling additives.
Here are some examples of supplements that can be used universally:
Among the collection methods, there are several quite effective methods:
- text on the site will be the best adviser on which keys to use. Read carefully and you will see them yourself;
- ask friends what they enter in the search bar when searching or what they would enter if they were looking for your product or service;
- use synonyms dictionaries.
How to collect nested keywords?
- The first way. With a small number of basic, you can use the Yandex.Wordstat tool. The service will allow you to add the whole list of the COP to the table, and then clear it of unnecessary ones.
- The second way. What if several thousand keywords came out during the collection? After all, then copying may take more than ten hours. Use special parsing programs, among which KeyCollector, known in professional circles, the tool does everything automatically. True disadvantage is that in the end you still need to do manual cleaning of “garbage” and negative keywords.
To summarize the above
Now you know that keywords are divided into basic and nested. By adding new basic queries to semantics, you will be able to expand the possibilities of reaching a new target audience, while the nested ones will increase relevance, but lower the price per click, although the reach of users will remain the same. The main mistake of specialists is to increase only nested ones to increase traffic. It can happen, but not by much. Therefore, it is important to pay attention mainly to the base.
When working out the semantic core, pay attention to the smallest details so that users can find you, and not go to the first competitor.
And remember that with a small core you need to use Wordstat, and with a large one – Key Collector.
We hope that this article was useful not only for those who are only comprehending the basics of website promotion or trying to do the job of creating AY on their own, without involving third-party contractors, but also to those who have long considered themselves to be true professionals, because everything new is long forgotten old. You need to remind yourself periodically of the basics in order to be in a trend and not to forget important details.
Further you will find many more interesting and informative. From myself, we wish you and your resource prosperity, traffic, increased conversions and big sales! Semantics are the lever that will help to achieve success when it is properly worked out at the very beginning. Indeed, if at the stage of formation everything is done wisely and efficiently, there will be no need to suffer with the correction of errors in the future. Take this issue with full responsibility, and if you are not confident in your own abilities, do not risk business, contact specialists.