Infographics: types and examples
Modern clip thinking forces marketers to turn text information into graphic information. People “consume” ads on the go, casting a glance at posters, banners and billboards. Even sitting at a computer, a user browses sites at a tremendous speed, so it’s difficult to catch his eye. To attract attention and reduce the time of advertising messages using the principle of comics.
There was a whole direction – infographics, types and examples in our article.
Infographic world knows a very long time. Children enjoyed learning to read short stories accompanied by images. Even the posters with the alphabet, familiar to us from kindergarten – this is also her.
We see it on campaign posters, instructions for evacuation and first aid – they were engaged in creation at the state level. This is the easiest and fastest way to explain the sequence of actions.
Often based on graphs and charts that are still used in business presentations. This is the case when it’s better to see once than to hear a hundred times.
In online technology, technology has also been used for a long time, but only recently it was transferred to the information area, illustrating articles. Gradually, this way of presenting information replaces long explanations.
This direction of data presentation can be classified by two parameters.
- Static is the most common – it is easier to draw. It is a regular image, without animation and interactive. In this form make out anything – graphs, charts, diagrams, comparisons, entertainment moments. It is easiest to distribute it by mailing or even typing in a magazine or other publication.
- Video infographics looks more interesting, but more difficult for perception. A person may not have time to grasp the basic idea or details. It is necessary to carefully select the speed of translation and provide a good speaker.
- Interactive allows you to interact with information. Drop-down menus, clickable buttons, sliders and checkboxes will help to reveal additional information. In some blocks, they provide user input and change the main picture depending on the values.
- Comparison. A visual representation of the difference between the indicators is very popular: the standard of living in countries, differences from competitors, safety of modes of transport – whatever. Convenient in that you can create different data sets – from 3-5 to dozens. The main thing is to find a good illustrator who is able to place the blocks clearly.
- Instructions. Allows you to quickly show the sequence of any actions: how to publish posts, cook borscht, sew curtains, etc. Despite these posters hanging in almost every institution, she entered Russian marketing not so long ago.
- Statistics. Often used charts and graphs showing the proportion or growth of indicators. If you need to demonstrate the numbers in compressed form – this is the best way.
- Scheme. Demonstrates the device of anything: a telescope, an internal combustion engine, a microwave oven. A great way to add such a picture in the instructions for replacing light bulbs in a car, for example.
- Map. This infographic is familiar to us from school, where icons with the population size or mining were plotted on a regular format. Now you can demonstrate anything with this method – from the statistics of buying iPhones in different countries to the percentage of women in parliaments.
- Hierarchy. Popular in scientific circles (Maslow’s pyramid), well demonstrates psychological examples – the relationship of character traits for example. Allows you to immediately show the control and managed items.
How to make good infographic images
- Цель. Прежде чем планировать работу и дизайн, нужно поставить четкие задачи, которые решит графика. Это поможет и с выборов вида.
- Выберите и проверьте знания. Если используете статистику из той же Википедии, перепроверьте ее. Возьмите несколько источников.
- Уберите все лишнее. Нет ничего хуже перегруженного плаката. Попытки разобраться в сути скорее всего будут безуспешны и никакой дизайн не спасет.
- Один шаг – одна мысль. Подача должна быть четкой и ясной.
- Не используйте слишком много шрифтов – они отвлекают.
- Тщательно подбирайте цвета – резкие контрасты рядом неприятны для глаза.
- Purpose. Before planning work and design, you need to set clear tasks that will solve the schedule. This will help with the choice of the form.
- Select and test knowledge. If you use statistics from the same Wikipedia, double-check it. Take a few sources.
- Remove all unnecessary. There is nothing worse than an overloaded poster. Attempts to understand the essence will most likely be unsuccessful and no design will save.
- One step – one thought. Submission must be clear and precise.
- Do not use too many fonts – they are distracting.
- Carefully select colors – sharp contrasts near unpleasant to the eye.