How to use WordStat (WordStat) from Yandex
Owning your own website, in which you invest all your strength and energy, I want it to progress and attract more and more customers and readers. But, having seen a branch, it is important to immediately apply active and decisive measures to correct the current situation. And the WordStat from Yandex comes to the rescue.
What kind of program is this?
This is a free assistant from Yandex, which is able to assess the interest of users in certain topics and selects key queries for use in SEO-optimization and contextual advertising. Plus, with its help you can find out seasonality and geographical location, which plays an important role.
How to use?
Of course, everyone wants the use process to consist of pressing a single button, but you need to try to get decent results. But we will help to deal with all the nuances of use.
In order to fully understand and use the statistics of search in action in the Word Search from Yandex, we will need to study and use basic and additional operators. There are only 2 and 5, respectively.
If you have already visited this service and tried to search for key queries (by entering a simple phrase), then you are probably faced with the fact that a frequency is displayed that displays the total number of impressions for the previous reporting period. In other words, you will be shown absolutely all requests where the given word was mentioned. For example, entering “laptop” you will get the frequency for all shows where this word is mentioned – “buy a laptop”, “which laptop to buy”, “how to fix a laptop”, etc.
But in most cases, this data will be uninformative. And, to increase the information content, it is required to apply some special tricks. We will talk about them further.
It is simply impossible to learn more advanced functions until we learn the base.
- Quotation marks, namely the spelling of a phrase in “”. Only a specific request is issued by the service, it is allowed to change the end and change the verbal order.
- Exclamation mark – serves as an end stop. That is, the word does not lean in any way. Thus, you can find the phrase you need.
- Sharing – fixed ending. The order is not important. This use allows you to get the “exact request frequency”. The main thing is to correctly predict the number of clicks per 100 impressions for the selected position.
And here are five additional tricks that will greatly simplify our search:
- Or (works as a symbol “|”) – used to compare or combine several words at once in statistics. Helps to quickly select the semantics of a page;
- Square brackets (used as the symbol “” in which the necessary phrase is written) – allows you to fix the order of words. Therefore, it helps to evaluate the popularity of such in frequency interrogation;
- Plus (works under the “+” symbol) – applicable for finding keys with stop words (on, under, in, out, etc.);
- Minus (it is required to write the symbol “-”) – is necessary to exclude certain words from the search. That is, all possible queries are shown with the first word and without the second.
- Grouping (use the “()” symbol) is very useful when you need to apply all of the above operators at once, group.
Study all the above examples in action. Only in this way can you understand and understand their work.
In addition to operators, it is very convenient to sort search queries using the built-in functions.
When planning a promotion, the following may be helpful:
- request history, namely seasonality. You can easily determine when a particular product is of particular interest. For example, beach mats interest people more from May to September. Thus, you can understand whether it makes sense to advertise on floor mats in winter. But while the operators “Or”, “Square brackets”, “Grouping” do not work .;
- frequency in a given region. This function deserves special attention, since it helps to understand how often a key is requested in a certain region or its popularity in a given city. For example, “Omsk phones” will show what exactly in this city they are watched the most. But check anyway, because sometimes it can show completely unexpected results.
- analysis of the popularity of phrases on a smartphone or tablet. This feature allows you to see what is most often searched on mobile devices and what is on the computer. This is useful when creating a specific application or site for the phone.
Instructions for use
To make it easier to learn, we offer you a brief instruction.
- First of all, you need to register on Yandex or log in to your existing account. Without this, the service will not work. If you have forgotten the password for your account and cannot recover it, then it’s easier to create a new one.
- Go to the WordStat page and immediately see the search bar. Enter the necessary phrase into it and click on the “select” button. It is not necessary to write in a specific case or numbers, as WordStat takes this into account automatically.
- Statistics are generated based on data from the previous month and only from the Yandex search engine.
- The left side shows the frequency with the “key” and all word forms with the given phrase.
- On the right side are shown similar queries that users searched for in Yandex. By the way, the numbers next to them show the forecast of impressions for 30 days for the given keys.
- The tab “by region” allows you to see the popularity of the key in a particular region. You can use regional popularity ”, showing increased interest in the keyword at 100%, and lowered when less than 100%.
- To view statistics not for a specific city, select the “all regions” tab. So you will find the frequency in all places where they use Yandex.
- To view the search data from mobile devices, select the appropriate tab, for computers – “desktops”.
- Query History will display information for the last 2 years of searches. Thus, the periodicity of interest among users is estimated.
As you can see, if you examine in detail all the features of the free WordStat service, then you can greatly simplify your life and SEO promotion will go much faster. Analyze all of the above, try it in practice. And if there is something incomprehensible, then write to us, we will be happy to give answers to all questions.