How to make a semantic core of the site – step by step instructions
Repeat the value of CJ. This is that set of words or phrases. Often they are called keys by which network users can find the product, service or other information that interests them. In general, the creation of a kernel for commercial and informational pages is not much different. The principle is the same. The difference is only in some nuances. For online stores, you can read the article Compiling a semantic core for an online store, and information regarding clustering will also be useful What is cluster clustering?.
As for this material, a step-by-step instruction will be described here, which will clearly explain how to make a collection using a special tool.
Using the methods described below to create a semantic core, you can create it yourself for projects and individual pages on which a decision was made to promote it.
Most of the work for highlighting collection examples was done using Key Collector. This tool saves time and is easy to learn. Therefore, we strongly recommend installing it on your personal computer.
Generating phrases for compiling SC
Expanding phrases for parsing a semantic group
It is recommended that each group of queries be expanded immediately with the help of synonyms and similar formulations.
Take, for example, the query “dishes for restaurants.”
If you use Wordstat from Yandex you will receive the following extension:
“Dishes + for restaurants”, the service will give you approximately such options in the right column – “dishes + for cafes”, “professional dishes”.
Service Prodvigator.ua gives out similar phrases – “dishes for a restaurant price”, “dishes for a restaurant’s kitchen”
As a result of the phrase given at the beginning of the phrase, you can get several wording options, and then you can collect requests from them within one group.
Compilation of search queries from various sources
Since the definition of all phrases within the same group is complete, you can begin to collect data using various resources. Acceptable and simple options will be the same Wordstat and Google AdWords, and you can also apply search tips from Yandex and Google. SEM Rush allows you to make data collection appropriate to the region in which your company operates.
In addition, if your site is already collecting search traffic, then to conduct a general analysis of phrases on your subject, you need to upload them to Google Analytics and Yandex.Metrica. Then, for the analytics of a specific group, it will be possible to single out the queries that are needed, using filters and regular expressions for this.
We clean requests
For these purposes, there are lists of stop words. You can use general and special ones for your subject.
If we take the commercial area, then the following are unsuitable in this case:
- free of charge;
- vacancy, work;
- diplomas, term papers, wikipedia
- and further similar in this regard.
In addition, you need to immediately do a sweep of all the cities of the former Soviet Union. To complete this action, you need to go to the “STOP-WORDS” section and load a pre-prepared list there. After that, in the proposed menu, you need to select one of the types of search for entries, in our case it will be a line called “independent of the word form”. We mark phrases in the table with the button of the same name.
As mentioned more than once in previous articles on semantics, in any case, each process started using a special service should be completed manually for accuracy and quality.
- When meeting a phrase or a word that does not fit – it can be a product or service that you do not provide, you need to do the following: click on the icon on the left side, and on the right mark all the stop words, create a separate list with the corresponding name and add there all words.
- Use the “Group Analysis” button. In lists that are grouped, you can easily and quickly mark all unnecessary and unnecessary. Again, in order not to return to this and not to accidentally do work twice, create a table.
- we collect frequency data in Google Edwards;
- sorting in descending order;
- using the analysis function (there is a button for implicit takes) we do a permutation of phrases. in which different cases or words are rearranged.
We remove the keys without meaning
They can be deleted, since there will not be any special influence on the search to create separate landing pages. If you are the owner of an online trading platform, then you can safely remove the following:
- inexpensive and so on.
And again, you will need to create a group, put marks in it and delete it.
After completing the previous part, you can begin to group queries. Rely on your own strength and head, or arm yourself with the help of search engines.
As for the collection of locations, Google is good here. He adequately perceives information on semantics; collecting is easy.
Collect lists of leaders in the issue on the subject in the amount of 10-20. Based on similar URLs, it is possible to find phrases that imply the same needs of network users. This can be done all in the same Key Collector or using other services.
Next, the completion of the group gathering process. Analyze all collected queries. Similar in meaning should be used in promoting one page.
High-quality development of SC smoothly leads us to the competent structure of the online platform:
- categories and subcategories;
- information pages.
Now you can begin to carefully collect queries within a specific group.
In order to do this quickly in the KW, you need:
- select phrases that are fundamentally generating;
- Combine them using the clutch function in the table.
Next, using Wordstat, insert these phrases, press the gear, split into groups, checking the “Key” checkbox. Now they will all be distributed in the necessary sections.
This distribution must be preserved so that information can be collected from other resources. This will save a lot of time. All that will be needed is to copy the source code of their Yandex.Wordstat.
After the extension, you need to do the optimization of the title and description tags.
Let’s talk about this a little more.
The spelling of these tags is directly dependent on the keywords. There are certain requirements. For example, for title:
- Only relevant queries should be contained with respect to the page you are promoting.
- you cannot use the same word more than once;
- high-frequency queries must be placed at the very beginning
- must not contain more than 300 characters;
- Only keys related to the page you are promoting
- 100% uniqueness, not repeated in other sections of the site.
As a rule, collecting requests, the output may turn out to be hundreds of thousands. This is a lot. That is why cleaning is carried out. In its process, a reduction of about fifty percent can be achieved. And according to the results of Google Adwords, you need to leave only those with a frequency of zero. Therefore, in the end you get no more than two and a half thousand. Do not forget that according to the results of the Google search engine grouping, you’ll get about a hundred user needs for a query group. Thus, under each of them it will be possible to create separate pages.
Recall a bit of the main stages that precede all those actions that we talked about above.
- Before starting the grouping, we must understand what we still have to work with. Simply put, you need to carefully analyze the topics in which you act. Shake your brains and team members. The best way is to put yourself in the place of the user who is looking for something. What would you do, what words and phrases would you enter in the search bar? Write down everything that comes to mind, even if there is an assumption that this is a rare stupidity.
- Selection on the basis of intuition. Here you do not need to focus on whether your page is commercial or you simply share any information. Do it later. At this stage, the task is to select the keys that may, in terms of meaning, fit the previously formed categories. In the process of such selection, a list will be obtained that will be most suitable. Subsequently, it will be you who will expand and divide into groups.
- Use search hints if you don’t have thoughts at all. This is done more than simply and ordinary people use it when they do not receive completely interesting information on the entered request. The search engine at the very bottom always gives the following – “also search”. These are the very tips that will help complement the list. Do not forget that it will be wise to click on each link and also find additions on other issues.
- Pick up keys with a long tail or the so-called low-frequency queries. Imagine that you are a supplier of dishes for catering establishments. If you take the key “dishes for cafes and restaurants inexpensive Voronezh” and apply it, then you will surely get into the TOP. Many SEOs mistakenly believe that you need to use high-frequency queries, but this is not always the case, because they may not meet all the needs of users, and therefore do not attract enough traffic to the resource.
- Do not forget about competitors! There is nothing better than analyzing the leaders in your subject. Copy semantics completely is not necessary. But to make an analysis and identify weaknesses will be reasonable, because it is in these niches that one can take strong positions.
Well, we already talked about the rest above, because the process goes on with the help of special tools.
You always need to remember that a correctly assembled semantic core is exactly that seed, by sowing which you can make a profit, become a leader in search results, increase conversion. It is strongly recommended that you collect at the stage of creating the site, because it will be more difficult to fix it later. If your resource already successfully functions, and you cannot understand for yourself whether everything was perfectly done at the very beginning, order an SEO audit from us, which includes analysis of the existing AE. We will not only be able to find errors, if they exist, but also develop a strategy to eliminate them.
We are sure that the article was useful for both beginners and professionals. Stay tuned for articles to get new information for yourself and go online!