Compiling a semantic core for an online store
What is SC?
Before we thoroughly understand what it is, we will raise some difficulties that your business may face if you do not immediately think about collecting a semantic core:
- There will be no low cost traffic.
- Promoting the site will be very difficult.
- Difficulties in internal optimization.
You need to understand that competent SEO-promotion will give a constant flow of visitors to the online store, while the price of traffic will regularly decrease, and conversion, on the contrary, will increase. Therefore, the compilation of the semantic core – this is a factor that in no case should be overlooked at the initial stage of creating the site and content.
Now to the point! The semantic core is a mechanism similar to the cardiovascular system, namely those queries for which you can be found in search engines.
For example, you sell dishes for restaurants. How will the user search for your product? “Buy dishes for restaurants”, “dishes for restaurants price”, “buy a set of dishes for restaurants and cafes St. Petersburg”, etc. SY for such a store will be a simple table in which there will be a list of all possible key options on one side, but rather the number of times this request has been entered by all users. It is advisable to take into account exactly the location in which you conduct business in this matter.
What is the use of semantics for an online trading platform?
- This is the core of optimization. Do everything correctly from the very beginning, because correcting mistakes later can be expensive.
- Thanks to its compilation, it is possible to compose a harmonious and structured catalog of products and services that is understandable to potential buyers.
- It will be easy for users to go precisely to your resource, and not to competitors.
- Simplifies promotion. In the future, it will be not only easier to get a buyer, but also much cheaper; large advertising investments will not be required.
And now, using a specific store as an example, we’ll look at how to correctly assemble key queries and apply them in practice.
Tools for creating core
How do users find a specific product online?
- If we are looking for dishes for a cafe or restaurant, then the search is possible by a specific type or model number. For example – a glass for whiskey, a cutting knife, a frying pan for grilling and more.
- Categories, product type, serial production or generic names.
- Combining the two previous principles.
- Search by topic – “what”, “how ..”, “why ..”, and in the end make a purchase.
If you are new to this issue and are still trying to do everything on your own without involving third-party specialists, then you can very well use the following tools:
- Wordstat.yandex.ru. This tool will allow you to find out how popular a particular request is at a given time, by geolocation. Using it is nice and very simple. It is enough to enter the proposed key, and immediately you will see statistics on the frequency for the last month. It is suitable for collecting small-sized semantics in manual mode.
- SlovoEb, Slovoder and Magadan Light. Services in an automatic mode work out the whole process, but in development they may be more incomprehensible than the previous one. For users who have already worked with Wordstat and squeezed everything out of it, they can be useful as a new step.
- KeyCollector. A platform for money, suitable for professionals, because it is not easy to learn. Good for collecting large cores.
What is the best place to start?
Let me note the fact that the SC for the sections with the catalog and pages with product cards will be completely different.
Begin by calculating and thinking through the directory scheme well so that you can optimize it. If it is understandable and convenient for users, it will automatically raise you in search results, study the factors that influence customer behavior, and select a competent core.
- Ready template. In the vastness of the network there are enough suitable “patterns” for preparing the catalog. They will come in handy for compiling a small site SC.
- Filling the table. The core for compilation will be an assortment of online trading sites. But first, take care of the semantics of all sections. Do this first, and you can always return to product cards and improve them later. The easiest way to create a catalog is to analyze the TOP competitors and slightly modify, in other words, take a carbon copy. Also, an effective method will be compiling based on your own views and preferences. However, here you need to be more than 100% confident in your own tastes and intuition, otherwise it will be difficult to fix everything later, and even more so.
- We select requests. First, we denote the concept of relevant query for newcomers to the seoshnikov’s ranks. What does it mean? This is the very basis for optimizing all your resources and attracting visitors. Relevance is not difficult to determine – see how many people drove a particular question in the search and by the number everything will become clear. The higher the number, the more relevant the request. We have already talked about the wordstat.yandex.ru tool above, at the beginning it will be quite enough. This will give specifics to requests for all categories and even bring the resource to the TOP and introduce more sections.
Now let’s talk a little about optimizing all the pages on the site. The first step is to “fit” the title and description tags.
For the Title tag, you need to select the most popular queries. In the search engine results, these tags can be seen right away – this is the very “bold” first line that leads to the site. Many SEO-specialists do not go far and do not invent a bicycle, but borrow it from competitors from the leading lists. The method is quite acceptable and even very effective.
Description is a concise description of the products or services provided. Goes immediately after the previous tag.
There is one more important “comrade”. They call him H1. In this case, it is the name of the category or the product itself. By default, it should contain the main key, and all page names fit into it.
As for the description of categories, there is an algorithm. Use no more than one and a half thousand characters, while the occurrence of keys should not exceed two occurrences of direct keys and two partial. ATTENTION!
Never duplicate pages on the website of an online store! Imagine that you are doing ONE category, but for the amount of more than two hundred products, and only print in fact 20. What happens? It turns out as many as nine repetitions! And now, please, get-sign – about ten pages with the same tags, although the product delivery will be different. Is there a way to avoid this? Take advantage of rel canonical, which, as a true page, will help PS in defining a truly main page.
In conclusion, take a few tips from the pros:
- Remember! First, we collect the SN for the directory itself, i.e. its categories and sections, and only then we begin work with a description of the goods.
- Do not forget that the name of the product can be driven in by the user not only in Russian or Ukrainian, but also in English. That is, “old fashion” and “oldfashion” (we are talking about glasses for fragrant whiskey) will give different results. And you consider all the options!
- Suppliers, of course, are hoo guys, but trust them in terms of dividing into groups of goods is not worth it. Their prices are not the most reliable source. Any long-thought-out businessman will tell you that the devil will break his leg there. But you do not need this? Based on your own wishes, but rather put yourself in the place of the buyer – then there will be an “ice”.
- Do not waste money on expensive software. Try the free services first. You understand that for you this is not a level? Then go ahead!
- Not all owners of online stores consider it necessary to pay attention to semantics. Now everyone is “very smart.” Be above this, and therefore more profitable. Think about semantics initially.
- Even if you have been developing Internet entrepreneurship for a long time and just now you read that there is a concept that we talked about above, do not worry. As in the song – “do not panic, because we are not in the Titanic!”. Check all your queries first. Maybe initially you were lucky on an intuitive level, and the site was correctly optimized in this regard.
What conclusion do we come to? Compiling a semantic core for an online store is an important and effective part in promotion. Beginner You or the pros – does not play a role. Take care of this, and get tremendous returns!